Advanced Optical Technologies is a new international journal on classical and modern optical research.
It addresses the market need for a high-quality academic journal with a strong focus on industry, in addition to publishing academic reviews, articles and letters. AOT introduces tutorials as a new industry related format and is committed to rapid publication of short industry communications. The journal is also reporting on current industrial developments such as standards or regulations.
Advanced Optical Technologies embraces the fields of optical science and optical engineering. In particular, the journal covers the following topics:
- Optical design
- Opto mechanical engineering
- Illumination and lighting technology
- Precision fabrication
- Image sensor devices
- Optical materials (polymer based, inorganic, crystalline/amorphous)
- Optical instruments in life science (biology, medicine, laboratories)
- Optical metrology
- Optics in aerospace/defence
- Simulation, interdisciplinary
- Optics for astronomy
- Consumer optics
- Optical coatings